02.03.2016 - LOUZI

I left Madingou early in the morning with the goal making it at least today to Kinshasa. I was a bit under pressure because my DRC Visa seemed to expire in 3 days. Top road in the beginning until Loutete. From here it was all but nothing you could consider as a road. After a slalom ride through the city a good gravel road was leading to the little village Mfouati.

Arriving in the village I asked for the right way. And it actually was the little rough path going into the mountains that I couldn't imagine before. Rock sections, steep climbs and smooth trails were wiggling until this little border. 

Two very kind police officers recieved me in jogging pants. Of course I knew there is no entry stamp in the passport. But you neer know if they really do their work properly. After a while they asked me for it. For that case I put loaded some pictures of me and the guys at the entrance border working at the bike and sellping in the police post. This was obviously the best proof at least not being completely illegal. They called their chief and told me "no c'est pas de problem". But of course they couldn't give me a stamp for departure if there was no for entry. I took a picture of them for the next border in the DRC for the same procedure. Moreover they filled my camelback with fresh natural source water. 

Before reaching the DRC frontier in the very tiny village Nkundji a had to pass an other barrier. The soldier stop me claiming a little money. Indeed I wouldn't give money. But I had a pen for him and a nice smile. After that I spent about 2 hours in the border post. But my pitures worked again and I got many advices. The police guys told me the extension was only possible at the immigration service in the capital. So speed up to Kinshasa through this stunning landscape on muddy tracks. 

In the afternoon I arrived in Luozi where I had to cross the river Congo. I had to register here again at the "Direction Generale d'Immigration". After the next wasted 45 minutes they requested 10$ and shew me many reciepts of travellers. I explained I wont pay anything and left unimpressed. Next stop getting the stamp in my Carnet was just five minutes. He asked for money again and I left with a smile. So it is true they try to get all your fu..ing money. 
One reason choosing little borders is avoiding to much papers. The other is here crossing the river cheap. Martin paid for his smaller bike 130$ for the ferry between Brazzaville and Kinshasa. Bert told me it was about 50$ here. But before being charged that much by the captain I asked people around. It actually was 1$ for me. Whilst waiting for the ferry I needed something to drink and eat. I paid and recognized my next fault. Even if I asked in the bank in RC the money was not valuable here. But the nice guy called a friend to change a little money for me in town. Enough to pay the ferry and for the dinner. So good vibes on the boad with a lucky man and the crowd. 

I started quickly in a good mood still in hope of reaching my destination. But I was to slow and the bad luck catched me in the track again - clutch cable broken. My spare one was already used in Bamako.  Jean passed me. I met him on the ferry and he stop to help me. After 3 hours unsatisfying attempts we broke up. Two boys were comming around pushing the bike back to the next village. A hard work out in the late jungle night. After 20 minutes we reached the house of the "chef de village"in the dark night. Fortunately I could set my tent in a room of his clay hut. It was raining like hell this night. 

No comments:

Post a Comment